Frequently Asked Questions
Please note it is the COACH and/or MANAGER'S responsibility to know the rules. Ignorance of a rule or bylaw does not negate the penalty. If you have a question please check the NSA Rulebook.
Q: What Bats are Approved for NSA Play?
NSA Approved Equipment List
Q: What are your normal Tournament Procedures?
General NSA Tournament Information
Q: How many times can players be released?
Players can be released one time from August 1st to December 31st and one time from January 1st to July 31st. Reminder: If a player participates in the FALL with a team and will be playing for a different team for the SPRING The player must get a release BEFORE December 31st! This will allow them to play with a team in the spring and then be released to their summer team!
PLAYER RELEASE FORM
Q: How do I Pay for a Tournament? If we have weather issues do I get a refund?
Michigan NSA's Payment's Transfers & Refunds
Q: I want to participate in the Fastpitch World Series. What do I have to do?
How Michigan Teams Qualify for World Series
Q: How do I add a Player to my Roster? Can a player be on two teams at the same time? How many Players can I have on my Team?
Rosters - General Information
For FULL details on rosters and Player Eligibility, please review the NSA Rulebook or contact me.
- Examples: A 14 year old cannot play one weekend with the 14u team, and then play a different weekend with the 16u team because they need players for a particular weekend. Players cannot play on a 12u team and a 14u team on the same weekend.
- Contact your State Director for guidance.
- Pick up of certain players could change your teams’ classification by changing the overall strength of your team.
- Once a player has been released from a team, they cannot change teams again during that half of the season. This means they cannot go back to the original team.
- Players cannot be released from an “A” team to play with a “B” team.
18u Teams: Any team with a player on the roster that has participated on a COLLEGE SOFTBALL TEAM MUST participate in "A" Classification.
Q: Can 14u players from two different teams merge for early tournaments?
Yes. As always with NSA, a team can sanction and play early in the year to combine the two 14u teams - We will call this the COMBINED TEAM of Team ONE and Team TWO 14 year olds. This allows the 14u girls to play before the older girls (16u) are ready to play because of High School. Once the older girls are ready to play, the COMBINED TEAM would be disbanded by the coach of record. This allows all the players from the COMBINED TEAM to go play for their regular team WITHOUT it counting as their one release for the year.
- The COMBINED TEAM would lose any berths or points that were awarded them once they disband.
- Once the COMBINED TEAM is disbanded, players from that team can be added to TEAM ONE and TEAM TWO.
- The only issue is that a player cannot go from a Class "A" team to a Class "B"
- The Combined team will need to be disbanded before Team One or Team Two could add the players to their roster. Both team One and Team Two need to sanction separately.